Checklist: 12 Things to Do Before Responding to an RFP
Organization and timeliness are key when responding to RFPs, so we’ve created a checklist to help you determine which opportunities you should (or shouldn’t) be spending your time on and what to do to increase your chances of winning.
- Be absolutely clear that you and your products qualify; if uncertain…
- Participate in the open question period
- Read the government’s responses to questions
- Gather ALL of the pertinent RFP documents
- Check for addenda—frequently!
- Read our “16 Traps in government RFPs” blog post
- Determine if you have the time to put together a quality response
- Assemble relevant testimonials and references in advance
- Prepare a professional response template
- Understand all signature and submission requirements
- Request an extension if needed
- Spell check!
What’s on your checklist for responding to RFPs? Let us know in the comments below.
Looking for more leads? Start a free trial of our Lead Notification service at any time.